Our baby boy is TWO years old and we have so much to be grateful for. Here is some wonderful news:
- 19th March, 2013 – Visited Cardiology at the Alberta Children’s hospital for his check-up. Results from Echo and ECG show a heart that has totally healed. PRAISE GOD !!
- Jensen is now on half dose of Sildenafil. And he will be completely off this drug in 14 days. PRAISE GOD !! (Doctors and nurses are Amazed with his progress and say he is a miracle boy! (We already knew that).
- 20 March, 2012 – Jensen started to walk a day before his birthday! PRAISE GOD !!
- 21 March, 2013 – Celebrated a fun-filled day with lots of love and laughter for his second birthday with family.
- Made the best birthday cake ever and everyone enjoyed it. It was a Toblerone and Baklava Icecream Cake made into an Australian Echidna – rich but yummy!
- Jensen now walks confidently up and down the hallway with one of his walkers and shows off how fast he can climb up stairs.
- He is continually learning new words and his comprehension is very good for his age
- He loves singing and his favourite song at the moment is “Jesus loves Me”, closely followed by “The Wheels on the Bus”.
Hooked up to the ECG – no tears, just smiles for the camera
Happy 2nd Birthday! A family celebration 🙂
Out riding horsey in Fish Creek Park
A leather hat from Australia ….. thanks Grammie
On the week-end, we enjoyed a long awaited opportunity to catch up with Jillian, who we met in China on our trip. Her Mum, Andrea travelled with us and we had so much to share and catch up on. It was a real blessing and a lot of fun for Jensen.
The sad news is this is how I often feel as an older mum …… exhausted and like I’ve hit the wall and have birds flying round my head !! Seriously, Jensen is joy and we adore him, but I think my body and brain and heart are all trying to catch up with the massive life transitions in the last 11 months, in addition to the grief of Dad passing away. I am continuing to learn a lot about myself, God, family and friendships in this time.
Three weeks ago while I was in Vancouver, a dear friend reminded me of just how dire Jensen’s heart condition was when we brought him back from China. At one stage, the surgeons didn’t even know if he was operable or not. My friend’s husband works closely with the group of surgeons who operated on Jensen and we have been so blessed and privileged to have them walk beside us supporting us along the journey. Megan shared how concerned they were for us back in August last year, as they really were able to grasp and understand the incredible risks associated with Jensen’s situation at the time. In reflection, Jensen’s recovery is just amazing, as this time last year, all we had were a few photos of a baby boy with a critical heart condition (VSD and an ASD – two holes in his heart) and a very uncertain prognosis. I have been moved with joyful tears at what the Lord has done.
Some more good news. My Mum is coming to visit us here in Calgary later this spring/summer and we are getting excited for her arrival. Jensen can’t wait to spend more time getting to know his Nanna.♥♥♥
Mum and Dad (1962)
In remembering my Dad, God assures us of His presence. As we draw closer to Him, we are able to draw from His strength, comfort and peace.
We have a lot to be grateful for.